This is the second year in a row that I’ve had to deal with seasonal depression and anxiety. It hasn’t been quite so bad this year, but there are still days where getting out of bed and pretending to be human is a real struggle. But, I’m trying.
During that time, I’ve learned a few things.
- Good friends are essential.
- Stay busy.
- When everything feels like the world is crashing down around you, just remember it will end.
- Get out of the house. Go to the gym, go for a walk, stroll through Walmart.
- Check to make sure you’ve actually eaten that day.
- Coffee is necessity.
- Your dogs are always willing to snuggle.
- Did I mention good friends are essential?
Each day is a bit different. I do as much as I can on the days I feel great and just try to get through the days when I feel like I can’t do anything right.