In January I made a list of things to accomplish for this year. Here it is:
First and foremost, I need to get off my ass and get Path of Angels ready for publication. I will get this done this year if it kills me.
Second – have more fun and spend less time working.
Third – figure out how to reconcile resolution #1 with resolution #2.
Fourth – read more fiction.
Fifth – finish several more stories in the Relic Hunter Series.
Sixth – do more art.
Lastly, get out from behind my computer and go places and do stuff.
Surprisingly, I am getting somewhere with this list.
- I am getting closer to being finished. My goal is to have it ready for the beta readers by the end of July. Considering my schedule the rest of the month, I’m not sure that will happen.
- Unfortunately, I am not working less, but I am trying to find more work that is fun.
- Combining work and fun seems to be the recipe.
- I have read a lot more fiction this year than I did last year and I plan to continue doing so.
- This, I haven’t done, yet. I have a bunch of story ideas for it, but nothing finished. Maybe after I get PoA done.
- I have done a more art this year than I have in the past 20 years.
- I’ve done this. I have made 2 long trips this year to see friends, I went to O Comic Con, and in a little over a week I will be going to Chicago for the Catholic Writer’s Conference Live and in August I will be going to Kansas City Comic Con.